Skip to main content

About your Search

20121129
20121207
Search Results 0 to 2 of about 3 (some duplicates have been removed)
with raising rates as long as it's part of that package we described. >> a meeting or a phone call between john boehner and president obama, is that at all in the works? >> as far as we know, no. whether it's in the works, we could only hope, at this point we do not have any indication that it is scheduled right now. never mind the principles, we don't have any word that there has been communications between their staff at all. what's flying out of the public still appears to be flying out of private, which is not a lot. >> the members are going home for a nice long weekend. thanks very much for that. president obama isn't negotiating like we just heard. he's negotiating to raise the tax rates on the rich as a downpayment on a larger deal to come later as far as taxes are concerned and medicare is concerned. >> let's allow higher rates to go up for the top two percent, that includes all of you, yes. but not in anyway that's going to affect your spending, your lifestyles or the economy in any significant way. let's make sure that 98% of americans don't see a single dime in tax increases next yea
.5% or so top rate that president obama wants to return to which we paid under clinton is very, very popular. republicans should ought not fall on that sword. the democrats are ed e ready to endorse 98% of the hated bush tax cuts. i would call that a win and toss the other 2% overboard. >> there's also a lot of talk here in washington, has been for a couple weeks about false confidence. the false confidence that happened at the end of the election there. the mitt romney people pretty much told a lot of us they were confident it was going to be a long night and that they would win. i want to read you something from the new republic about team romney's internal polling. says the biggest flaw in their polling was the failure to predict the demographic composition of the electorate. the people who showed up to vote on november 6 were younger and less white than team romney anticipated and far more democratic as a result. so i want to ask you, erick, is this sort of a misunderstanding generally that republicans have to address the next time they go into an election about who the voters are going
Search Results 0 to 2 of about 3 (some duplicates have been removed)